The funeral service will be conducted at 11:00 A.M. Saturday, February 8, 2014 at the Mount Olive Baptist Church, Moody Road, Tazewell, Georgia. The Reverend Joe Oglesby, pastor, will officiate. Interment will follow in the Church cemetery.
Mrs. Alridge was born May 29, 1955 in Buena Vista, Marion County, Georgia to Ella Pearl Ramsey and Jimmy Lee Johnson. She was a 1973 graduate of Buena Vista High School. She was a member of the Mount Olive Baptist Church where she served on the Usher Board Ministry and was a former member of the Church choir. She retired from the Marion County Board of Education as a bus driver.
Survivors included a loving and devoted husband of forty-one years, Judson Alridge, Buena Vista, Georgia; three children, Veronica Alridge (her friend, Timothy) Columbus, Georgia, Fredrick Alridge (his friend, Jameia), Richland, Georgia and Marcus Alridge (his friend, Rachael), Columbus, Georgia; grandchildren, Demarion, Alasia, Jordyn, Lashae, Breshae and Dionne; her parents, Ella Pearl Ramsey, Jacksonville, Florida and Jimmy Lee Johnson, Orlando, Florida; her stepchildren include, Vinson Alridge, Americus, Georgia, and Fredrick Alridge, Ellaville, Georgia and several step-grandchildren; five siblings and their spouses, Isabelle (Alvin) Harvey, Leroy (Kathy) Ramsey, Carolyn (Elliott) Ansley, Janice Ramsey, and Lester Ramsey, all of Jacksonville, Florida. Her uncles and aunts include Harrison Porter, Alma (Moses) Ross, Louise Tennyson, all of Buena Vista, Georgia, Nancy Porter, Jacksonville, Florida, Jimmy (Ella Mae) Porter, Irene (Milton) Minter, Lois Alridge, all of Buena Vista, Georgia, Mary Fudge, Hartford, Connecticut and Michael Alridge, Atlanta, Georgia; brothers-in-law and sisters-in-law, Michael (Carolyn) Alridge, Ellaville, Georgia, Gail Alridge and Susie (Joseph) Gardner all of Buena Vista, Georgia and Linda Davison, Warner Robins, Georgia; and a host of beloved nieces, nephews, other relatives and friends.
- Willie J. Thomas(Tuesday, February 11 14 11:19 am EST)
A great friend and classmate of 1973, you will be missed.
- Carolyn B Alridge(Sunday, February 09 14 08:49 am EST)
May your heart and soul find peace and comfort.
- The Golphins(Saturday, February 08 14 12:54 pm EST)
Our prayers are with your family.
- Velma Bright(Friday, February 07 14 09:51 pm EST)
Sending up prayers for God's perfect peace for the family during this time of sorrow. I pray "Chook" is resting in peace.
- brenda stevens(Friday, February 07 14 05:49 pm EST)
Praying for your family... she will be surely missed..
- Thomas & Margaret Ceaser(Friday, February 07 14 05:46 pm EST)
You all are in our prayers for strength during this difficult time.
- Alvin Harvey(Thursday, February 06 14 07:36 pm EST)
O grave, where is thy sting?O grave, where is thy victory?The sting of death is sin:and the strengh of sin is the law. But thanks be to God which give us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.Therefore,my belove brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch in the work of the Lord, forasmuc as ye know that your labour is not in van in the lord. Hebrews (7) and (18) That by two immutable thinhs, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us; You will see your mother again. Love you Chef A.L. Harve'y
- Barbara A. Williams(Thursday, February 06 14 06:03 pm EST)
With Deepest Sympathy,To The Aldridge Family,I will keep you'll in my prayers.
- MCMHS(Thursday, February 06 14 02:48 pm EST)
Marion County Middle/High School has suffered the loss of a faithful supporter. To the family and friends, we are sending our love and support your way.
- Barbara A. Williams(Thursday, February 06 14 11:20 am EST)
With deep Sympathy:To the Aldridge Family.I will keep you'll in my prayers.
- Janis Clark(Thursday, February 06 14 01:28 am EST)
Heaven has definitely gained an angel. Gloria had a heart of gold and a bright smile. May the family find comfort in the word of God in the days to come.
With Deepest Sympathy,
- James and Harriett Jones(Wednesday, February 05 14 10:18 pm EST)
Such a wonderful person with a beautiful smile. Will truely be missed. No more tears no more pains. You are now resting in the arms of Jesus. Family may you find comfort in the word of God.
- Nora Simms(Wednesday, February 05 14 05:01 pm EST)
Gloria you will forever be in our heart,,, It's so hard to realize that you are not with us anymore,,, you will forever be in our heart..
- charlene thorpe(Wednesday, February 05 14 04:14 pm EST)
To the Family of Chook!
Earth has no sorrow, that heaven can't heal! May God continue to strengthen you and keep you during this difficult time. May God's grace be sufficient.
Mr.& Mrs. Johnny Lee (Charlene)Thorpe (Milledgeville, Ga)
- Ellis & Gwendolyn Thornton(Wednesday, February 05 14 01:00 pm EST)
I thank God for allowing Chook to being apart of our family lives. May God comfort you all in the days ahead.
- PNC Bank Family(Wednesday, February 05 14 12:38 pm EST)
Mrs. Gloria(Chook) was a great person and we will miss her. We will continue to keep the family in our thoughts and prayers. Just remember the great times to comfort you.
- Angela James(Wednesday, February 05 14 12:15 pm EST)
With Deepest Sympathy,
To the Aldridge and Ramsey Families
What a BLESSING Chook was on Earth, as she will be in Heaven. May the PEACE, LOVE, and COMFORT OF OUR GOD, be upon all who loved her. We will REJOICE because GOD has promised us, those who are saved will reunite in HEAVEN on that sweet, wonderful, joyous day. AMEN!!
- Cheryl Ellis(Wednesday, February 05 14 10:10 am EST)
You All Are In Our Prayers.She Will Be Missed.Weeping May Endure For A Night But JOY Will Come In The Morning.Zelma Crumbley And Cheryl Ellis And Family.
- David & Melanie Thomas(Wednesday, February 05 14 09:00 am EST)
We're thinking of you and praying that your memories comfort you in the days, weeks, months and years ahead!
- Sherry Francine Oliver(Wednesday, February 05 14 08:59 am EST)
The family has my deepest sympathy and prayers.
- Tyrone&Renea Johnson(Tuesday, February 04 14 11:05 pm EST)
May the everlasting love of God be with you,In the time of your grief.May his love give you comfort and peace.Our heartfelt sympathy.Tyrone&Renea Johnson Family.
- Cece Booker(Tuesday, February 04 14 02:46 pm EST)
May God bless you Aldridge family and strengthen you and keep you. Miss you Chook! God loves you best!
- Woodrow & Angela Terry(Tuesday, February 04 14 11:24 am EST)
May God continue to strengthen each of you during this difficult time. She was a beautiful person with a sweet spirit and will be greatly missed.
- Ricky and Paula Ivory-Nelson(Tuesday, February 04 14 10:04 am EST)
To the Alridge Family, you have my deepest sympathy. Gloria will truly be missed.
- Rev Canady Matthews(Tuesday, February 04 14 02:51 am EST)
With Deepest sympathy
- Rodney and Cathy Thornton(Monday, February 03 14 10:21 pm EST)
Chook was such a lovely woman. We extend our condolences. Chook will be truly missed especially for her heart warming smile. May God be with you and comfort you in the days ahead.