The funeral services will be conducted at 11:00 A.M., Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at Pleasant Hill Baptist Church, 2010 River Road, Montezuma, Georgia. Reverend Governor Gibson pastor, will officiate. Interment will follow in the Oglethorpe City Cemetery, Memorial Drive, Oglethorpe, Georgia.
Cameron McLendon, better known as “Cam”, was born May 11, 1976 to the parents of Bernard McLendon and the late Carrie English McLendon. He was educated in the public school system of Macon County. He was a 1996 graduate of Macon County High School. He was a member of Church of Christ in Montezuma, Georgia. He was a Coach for the Macon County Recreation Department and enjoyed working with the youth.
He leaves to cherish his memory a devoted companion Jenelle Tookes, Montezuma, Georgia; children, Chastine, Cameron, Jr., Jalen, Keyshawn, Jace, and Jakwon McLendon, all of Montezuma, Georgia; his parents, Bernard McLendon (Linda), Dublin Georgia; siblings, Frederick English (Cryshonda), Montezuma, Georgia and Tameka Manning (Edison), Palm Bay, Florida; aunts and uncles, Debra Thomas, Curtis Reese (Rashida), Oglethorpe, Georgia, Jimmy McLendon (Beverly), Montezuma, Georgia, Keith McLendon (Patricia), Hampton, Virginia, Cynthia Michelle McCants, Oglethorpe, Georgia, Edward English, Forsyth, Missouri and Catherine Story, Columbus, Georgia; great aunt, Mary Jane Tookes, Montezuma, Georgia and Bessie Barnes, Brooklyn, New York; three very devoted cousins, Valerie Harpe, Ronald McLendon and Jermaine Thomas; a host of loving nieces, nephews, cousins other loving relatives and friends.
- Cryshonda English(Friday, December 13 13 12:40 am EST)
Bro I'm gonna miss you so much never in a million years would of thought your lever us so soon I know god make no mistake but I wish we could have more time with you or even have u back nothing but love for u bro.
- Jalen Holmes(Friday, December 06 13 08:30 am EST)
I am gonna miss you
- Anna Armstrong(Thursday, November 28 13 12:37 am EST)
KeyShawn.. sorry about the loss of your dad. You and your family are in my prayers. Love, Coach Anna
- Towanda Cochran(Wednesday, November 27 13 01:39 pm EST)
Rest In Peace Cam
You will be missed by all.
- Terica Johnson(Wednesday, November 27 13 01:23 pm EST)
R.I.P Big Cam. You will be missed. Keep an eye out on my brother for me. Your family are in my prayers..
- Crystal Nichols(Wednesday, November 27 13 04:15 am EST)
RIP Big Cam. We love u & everyone will miss yo silly butt. U always knew how to make people laugh. I can't make it to ur funeral cause no one would fill in for me at work but my prayers go out to ur family. Much Love bruh
- Brenda Ellis(Tuesday, November 26 13 03:45 pm EST)
Loved you and that ole captivating S-M-I-L-E. Will always keep memories of you in my heart. May the family find comfort, serenity, and peace in the Word of God.
- Antonio L Holmes Sr.(Tuesday, November 26 13 12:17 pm EST)
Cam just want to know, we are here for u and gone ride for u. Da love u have giving all of us, will never go unknown. U have lived a wonderful life. And I think God, to have enjoyed da good old days with u.
- Trawn and April Bearden(Tuesday, November 26 13 05:22 am EST)
Rest on Cam...gone but not forgotten! Your family has our deepest sympathy.
- Bre/Allen and family(Tuesday, November 26 13 12:28 am EST)
With deepest sympathy to the McLendon family. May God give you strength to make it through this time of sorrow. Stay encouraged!
- Mrs. Keiko Hart- Harp(Monday, November 25 13 06:13 pm EST)
You are gone but not forgotten. We all will miss you Cam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Prenell Sutton(Monday, November 25 13 02:02 pm EST)
You will truly be missed! I enjoyed having you as a friend! RIP....
- ROBBIE KEMP(Monday, November 25 13 01:45 pm EST)
I love you and you are truly gone be missed...God will take care your kids and your family R.I.P
- Ron & Adrian Harris(Monday, November 25 13 11:02 am EST)
You will truly be missed by many. Rest In Peace Cam.
- Geraldine Danuiels(Sunday, November 24 13 10:10 pm EST)
Hold onto God's hands. Im sorry for the loss of CAMERON.
- Tabitha Harrell(Sunday, November 24 13 09:33 pm EST)
May God's promise that he will never leave you or forsake you comfort you all in the days ahead.
- Tabitha Harrell(Sunday, November 24 13 09:31 pm EST)
May God's promise that he will never leave you or forsake you during these moments ahead.
- SHELYN HARPE(Sunday, November 24 13 08:34 pm EST)
I ONLY KNEW OF YOU FOR A SHORT WHILE BUT YOU WERE AN AWESOME GUY.
YOU WILL BE MSSED AND ALL MY SYMPATHY AND BLESSINGS TO THE FAMILY,
- Evangelist Carolyn Cokley(Sunday, November 24 13 06:54 pm EST)
May God hold you and gives you strength in this hour. My prayers are with the family.
- jennifer fuller(Sunday, November 24 13 02:22 pm EST)
R.i.p CAM u will be missed classmate!!!! "Class of 96"