There will be a wake at Perry Grove Baptist Church, Georgia Highway 280, Leslie, Georgia, which will be held from 6:00-7:00 P.M. on Friday, February 28, 2014.
The funeral service will be conducted at 11:00 A.M. Saturday, March 1, 2014 at Perry Grove Baptist Church, Georgia Hwy 280, Leslie, Georgia. Reverend David Hamm, pastor, will officiate. Interment will follow in Zion Hill Baptist Church Cemetery, Georgia Hwy 118 Leslie, Sumter County Georgia.
Deacon James was born January 24, 1931 to the late Timothy James and Leola Tucker James in Leslie, Georgia. He was married to the former Willie Mae Howard James. They were blessed with two children. A daughter, Barbara Burns, preceded him in death. One sister and three brothers also preceded him in death, Peter James, Willie Hayward James and Mary Francis Sanders.
He leaves to cherish his memories a loving and devoted wife of 61 years, Willie Mae James, Leslie, Georgia; one daughter, Daphane Lembrick (Marcus) Americus, Georgia; five grandchildren, Sophia Burns, Atlanta, Georgia, Vangela Carter (Johnofer) Claxton, Georgia, Lawanda Burns, Americus, Georgia, Nicholas James, Leslie, Georgia, and Quaisha Lembrick, Americus, Georgia, eight great grandchildren; and a host of nieces, nephews, cousins and friends.
- DeLois Prince Wilson(Monday, March 17 14 03:57 pm EDT)
Ms. Willie Mae,Daphne and the rest of the family I am so sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time. May "the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our trials" (1 Corinthians 1:3,4) comfort you and your family.
- trimeka holloway(Monday, March 17 14 08:16 am EDT)
Trimeka Tyler and Jordan are sorry for your loss. May God give you strength understanding and wisdom during this time. We love yall
- Rev. Calvin w. James(Friday, February 28 14 08:04 pm EST)
May GOD richly bless you and the James Family in these hours of breavement. To be absent from the body mean to be present with the Lord.
- Alvin Lowe,Sr and Family(Friday, February 28 14 06:29 pm EST)
May the pillars of peace bring you comfort, faith in the WORD give you courage to face the days ahead, and the loving memories of your Beloved forever remain hidden in your hearts. Our prayers and thoughts are with you.
- Chief Bob Smith(Friday, February 28 14 04:47 pm EST)
On behalf of the Leslie Police Department, I offer our most heartfelt condolences to the James family. Not only have we lost one of our citizens but also a friend.
- Eddie and Linda Smith(Thursday, February 27 14 02:55 pm EST)
Ms. Willie Mae & Daphane: During your time of sorrow know that our prayers & heartfelt sympathy are with each of you and your family
- The Munns and Volley Families(Thursday, February 27 14 11:06 am EST)
May the strength of the Holy Spirit comfort and keep you in this hour of your life and forever more.
- Donald Ware and family(Wednesday, February 26 14 11:23 pm EST)
Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. God bless.
- The Family of the Late Jessie Foster, Jr.(Wednesday, February 26 14 11:11 pm EST)
We are truly sorry to hear of the loss of Deacon James. Please accept our condolences and may our prayers help comfort you during this difficult time.
- Pat Brown Class of Union High 1977(Wednesday, February 26 14 04:20 pm EST)
From the Family of Frank and the Later Erma Gaines Brown, may God be there for you hold you in HIS arms and rock you through this storm in your life...
- Gwen Williams(Wednesday, February 26 14 04:10 pm EST)
The Big Bethel Baptist Church Family will surely miss our deacon. A part of us has been taken away but we realize that he is in a better place. God Bless
- Leon & Stephanie Banks(Wednesday, February 26 14 02:24 pm EST)
He will be truly miss our prayers are with you all in this time of sorrow
- Henry & Diana Roberts(Wednesday, February 26 14 08:26 am EST)
Henry & Diana Roberts send their condolences to the James family. May the joy of the Lord continue to be your strength.
- The Walton and Vaughn family(Monday, February 24 14 06:07 pm EST)
We are praying for your strength, doing these times.
- Gail Peeples(Monday, February 24 14 03:05 pm EST)
Our Prayers are with you
The Peeples & Butts family.
- Gussie Lassiter Jackson(Saturday, February 22 14 08:09 pm EST)
Our Prayers goes out to your family during this time, God will give you strength. Love you! Jackson/Lassiter Family.
- Gennie Dowdell(Saturday, February 22 14 07:12 pm EST)
Our condolences, the Dowdell Family.
- Pagie & Mae Belle Thomas(Saturday, February 22 14 12:54 pm EST)
Our sincere condolences to you as you mourn the transition of your beloved husband, father, grandfather. May God hold you in His loving arms.