The funeral service will be conducted at 11:00 A.M. Tuesday, September 4, 2012 at the New Hope Baptist Church, Georgia Highway 26 East, Montezuma, Georgia, where the Reverend Allen Waters is Pastor. Reverend Coley Clark, Jr., pastor of Zion Grove Baptist Church of Montezuma, Georgia, will officiate. Burial will follow in the Champ Waters Cemetery, Twin Church Road, Montezuma, Georgia.
Omar Daviyale McDonald was born October 7, 1991 in Americus, Sumter County, Georgia to Kimberly Smith Davis and Donnie McDonald. At an early age, Omar joined Zion Grove Baptist Church where he served as an usher and a member of the youth choir. He was a 2010 merit and honor graduate of Macon County High School and a junior at the Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, Georgia. Omar was employed with Wal-Mart in Americus, Georgia. Before being employed with Wal-Mart, he was employed with Harvey’s of Montezuma and Fort Valley. Omar was an exceptional person who enjoyed being with friends and relatives.
Omar, also affectionately known as “Big O”and “Rascal” to his family and friends, leaves a legacy of beautiful memories to his beloved parents; Kimberly Davis (stepfather, Jimmy), Montezuma, Georgia and Donnie McDonald (stepmother, Cassandra Clay), Oglethorpe, Georgia; his beloved brother and sister, Jary Smith, Montezuma, Georgia and Amber Frince, Americus, Georgia; stepbrothers and step sisters, Sean Hinton, Kecia Lee (Coreal) and Sharonda (Javian) Williams; his beloved maternal grandmother, Percella Smith and Willie Harris; his paternal grandparents, Ernest and Oneita McDonald, Oglethorpe, Georgia; step grandmother, Ethel Davis, Oglethorpe, Georgia; aunts and uncles, Agnes M Howard, Ernest (Velma) McDonald, Jr. and Reginald McDonald all of Oglethorpe, Georgia and Jetendra M Lloyd, Perry, Georgia; great aunts and great uncles, Erie Calvin and Robert Smith Americus, Georgia, Elgen (Nancy) Smith, Chicago, Illinois, Annie Harris and Louise Lee both of Montezuma, Georgia, Elizabeth Smith, Albany, Georgia, Francis (Lee Willie) Hayes, Louise Taylor and Ernestine (Joe) Howard all of Oglethorpe, Georgia, Theresa Hankerson, Donna Hankerson, Crystal Hankerson, Jannie McDonald, Veradine McDonald, Joyce McDonald, and Jerry Chastine all of Atlanta, Georgia, Pauline Harris (a loving and devoted aunt), and Cassandra ( Samual) Phillips, Columbus, Georgia; step uncles and step aunts, Willie (Barbara) Fulks, Detroit, Michigan, Zettie Davis, Atlanta, Georgia, Moses Davis, Patricia Thomas, Velma Davis, Deborah Green, Jackqueline, all of Oglethorpe, Georgia, Sharon (Michael) Moore, Charlotte, North Carolina, Shirley Williams, Ideal, Georgia, Joyce (Larry) Russell, Montezuma, Georgia Etta M (Joe) Harris, Barbara Ann Fulks and Ruthie Dean Perry all of Detroit, Michigan. His loving and extended family include: his godparents, John and Reatha Lakes; goddaughter, Kaya Waters; two special aunts, Vanecia Johnson and Tangela Cochran; God aunt, Nealie Johnson; God nephew and nieces, Jai Marion, Ja’Meriya Baldwin and Chloe Robinson; special cousins, Rodney and Tyler; his best friends, Martavian Tyrie Mann, Sherman Jarmiles Saffold, Roderick Gerome Haugabook, Alton Andrews, Keondria Monique Mallard, Treffan Roberts and Trawanna McDonald; and a host of other beloved cousins and friends.
- Jakira Taylor (Strawberry(Friday, April 05 13 11:17 pm EDT)
r.i.p fam . you will be truly missed but never forgotten(: LOVE YOU !!
- Pamela Cauley(Friday, April 05 13 10:37 pm EDT)
R.i.P Omar.. i Lovee Youu . ! :)
- Viola Freeman n Family(Thursday, September 20 12 05:28 pm EDT)
May God continue to bless u Kim n Donnie. My heart goes out to u both.
- Beverly Hudson-Gaines(Sunday, September 09 12 12:51 am EDT)
To kim and the family. I am truly sorry for the loss of your son. I will continue to pray that God will strengthen you during this time.
- Angeli Smith(Saturday, September 08 12 05:14 pm EDT)
God will strengthen you, even in perishing times as this. May God Bless you.
Fort Valley State College Alumnus
- Cindy, Michael, Kyle, and Kayla Edwards(Friday, September 07 12 12:39 am EDT)
Dearest Kim and family...Our hearts go out to you and your precious family...Please know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers! May GOD give you great peace and strength in the days ahead! May these words of comfort and caring thoughts be with you constantly!! With Love and many HUGS!! WLYSVM <3
- JERRY D HAUGABOOK JR.(Thursday, September 06 12 09:19 pm EDT)
REST IN PEACE OMAR> YOU WILL BE FOREVER MISS
- The Duffy Family(Wednesday, September 05 12 02:45 pm EDT)
Omar was friends with my kids and myself also. He was a bright spot in alot of peoples life. He will be so missed. Prayers for the Family and I am truly sorry for your loss.
- Cheyenne Cosby(Wednesday, September 05 12 01:45 pm EDT)
To Kimberly Smith-Davis and the entire family, I was a friend of your son Omar and I wanted you to know that my heart goes out to in this difficult time. I know that God will be with you to strengthen you every step of the way. Omar will truly be missed by me and alot of our other friends. please remember you are are not in this alone and God is here to fill every void you may have.My prayers and support are with along with all my love and encouragement!
- Jerry Jamal Sanders(Wednesday, September 05 12 10:29 am EDT)
To Kimberly Smith-Davis and the entire family just find comfort in knowing that when we are absent from the body we are present with the Lord. I am in prayer for you, and pray you find comfort in the Word of the Lord. I love you, and please call if you need me.
- The Wells Family..Andersonville,Ga(Tuesday, September 04 12 08:55 pm EDT)
From Our Family To Yours: May God Be With You in This Time Of Need
- Jennie (Findlay) Hutchins(Tuesday, September 04 12 02:12 pm EDT)
Omar was a delight to have in my Enrichment class - he knew how to make others laugh, and he always had a smile. Blessings to you and your family, Omar.
- Tony Smith(Tuesday, September 04 12 01:19 pm EDT)
R.I.P OMAR TELL UNCLE MACK I SAID WATSUP BRUH
- Rico Clark(Tuesday, September 04 12 10:52 am EDT)
I am thankful to know Omar. He was a excellent student to teach. He will be missed. Deepest Sympathy
The Clark Family
- Carolyn Taylor(Tuesday, September 04 12 10:47 am EDT)
To the family of Omar,we are praying that the Lord will keep you in him arms.We are praying for you all today and always. Carolyn and Randy Taylor. Fort Valley,Ga.
- Crystal Tondee(Tuesday, September 04 12 09:39 am EDT)
I worked with Omar at Walmart and he was extremely friendly and a great person to be around. He will be missed dearly.
- MELVYNA CURGIL(Tuesday, September 04 12 09:30 am EDT)
I'M GONNA MISS MY CUZ BUT I KNOW THAT HE IS WITH THE LORD. PRAYING FOR THE FAMILIES OF MR.OMAR MCDONALD.SADLY MISSED.
- The Coley's, Andersonville, GA(Tuesday, September 04 12 09:15 am EDT)
May God be with you!"Earth has no Sorrows that Heaven can't Heal..."
- Bennie & Barbara Duncan and Family(Monday, September 03 12 11:11 pm EDT)
With deepest sympathy for your loss. May you find comfort in God's word. Our heart felt prayers goes out to Kim, Jary,and the family.
- Alice Harris Glaze(Monday, September 03 12 09:33 pm EDT)
To Kim and the entire family;may God bless and comfort you.You are in my prayers.I love you.
- The Mann Family of Mayo Street, Americus(Monday, September 03 12 09:32 pm EDT)
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family at this time. Our hearts are heavy as well. You all are a very special part of our lives and know we are here for you.
- Audriana Patillo(Monday, September 03 12 08:27 pm EDT)
I didn't know Omar but I know what you're going through and I'm sorry for your lost. I will continue to keep the family in my thoughts. Keep your head up GOD loves you as well as Omar. He is watching over you smiling!!!!
Cashier from Wal-Mart #0758
- Francis Weekley(Monday, September 03 12 07:32 pm EDT)
Our heart and prayers goes out to you Kim and your family on the lose of your son who was a very loving and warm hearted person.
- Peggie Martin Davis(Monday, September 03 12 06:38 pm EDT)
The Martin Family &
- Angela McDonald,Darius,Dontavious,Ariyah Collier(Monday, September 03 12 04:09 pm EDT)
To the family: With Our Deepest Sympathy
- Denaya Key(Monday, September 03 12 12:22 pm EDT)
God Bless The McDonald Family. & I Hope You All Stay Strong & Know That Omar Will Truly Truly Be Missed. That Smile Was Truly Contagious & I'll Miss Seeing Him Acting Silly. His FVSU Family & Friends Will Truly Miss Him. We Love Him Dearly & Its So Hard To Say Goodbye But GOD Knows Best. Love You Omar.
- Katina Fields(Monday, September 03 12 11:47 am EDT)
I am so sorry for your loss. Your family will be in my prayers that you will have strength during this hard time. With GOD in your hearts HE will give you comfort.
- Patrice Cantrell(Monday, September 03 12 10:41 am EDT)
My heart truely goes out to the family. I didn't know Omar as well as some, but I remember when I first met him, every time beyond that point I would see him smiling. And thats the way I remember him just smiling. The reason his smile will be remembered because I could tell how sincere his smile was, I could feel a warmth in his smile, even on my worst days I would walk into Harvey's and see him just smiling and he would speak to me and within those few moments I had forgot about what it was I was down about that day. Although I find myself asking and wondering why, I simply tell myself this is the work of God and God has called for another one of his angels to come home...may he rest in peace.
- Ophelia Waters & Family(Monday, September 03 12 09:54 am EDT)
my thoughts and prayers are with the family.I am glad to have known Omar he really was a special person.I like to believe that when we lose someone close to us they still live through us and give us strength
- Luci Young(Monday, September 03 12 09:52 am EDT)
A precious jewel from us has gone. But rest assure, he's not alone. He quietly rests in a comfortable nest. Resting gentlely in JESUS' arms. I pray you find peace in knowing he was loved and had a love for Jesus. Keep reading the word of God for peace and understand. Omar will greatly be missed.
- Percillia Arnett(Monday, September 03 12 09:49 am EDT)
I will always remember you as the baby of the bunch at Harveys.
- DeMario Fortson(Monday, September 03 12 03:07 am EDT)
This Guy Omar was very cool and funny. We where in the same Art History course @ FVSU, May GOD continue to bless his lovely family.
- Chelby Davis(Sunday, September 02 12 10:54 pm EDT)
I didn't know Omar but he seemed like a really cool person that was loved by many. I am praying for his family. Rest in peace Omar.
- Betty Ingram(Sunday, September 02 12 09:03 pm EDT)
My prayers goes out to the McDonald family...
- Beverly(Sunday, September 02 12 08:44 pm EDT)
I met Omar my first year at FVSU. He was such a good spirited person. Gone too soon, but not forgotten. May he Rest in Peace/Paradise!!
- Brenda Davis(Sunday, September 02 12 06:04 pm EDT)
May words of comfort rest gently upon your heart,and in time may they become words of healing.
with deepest sympathy
- Ashleigh Mansfield(Sunday, September 02 12 01:16 pm EDT)
I met him four years ago at his cousin's graduation party. He was very friendly and oh so funny. Rest In Peace Omar. You will be missed
- Lasonya Griffin & Demarcus Hammonds/ Family(Sunday, September 02 12 11:59 am EDT)
I talked to God this morning, and asked Him to give you peace and hope and strength in your time of loss and sadness. With deepest sympathy.
- Jackqueline Williams(Saturday, September 01 12 11:18 pm EDT)
A beautiful spirit and I am blessed to have watchd him grow. My heart is with you and I have aske God to do for you what man cannot.
- Angel Robinson(Saturday, September 01 12 08:51 pm EDT)
sorry for your lost omar yu will be miss ...rip omar :(
- Shirley Kendrick(Saturday, September 01 12 08:40 pm EDT)
My Prayers goes out to the family, you all have my deepest sympathy & Love remember that God is able just beleive & trust in him he will make it all better.
- Travis L. Kaigler(Saturday, September 01 12 06:22 pm EDT)
My prayers go out to the family during their time of loss...May the grace and peace of God rest around you during this time!
- SHELYN HARPE(Saturday, September 01 12 05:31 pm EDT)
MY MOST HEART FELT SYMPATHY TO KIMBELY DAVIS AND THE MCDONALD FAMILY. MY PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL OF YOU.
- PATRICIA WALKER(Saturday, September 01 12 12:13 am EDT)
TO THE MCDONALD'S AND SMITH'S FAMILY MY PRAYER ARE WITH YOU ALL BE STRONG!